THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


6.09.2008

Never Brag on Yourself

So I was all full of myself and going on about my slow progression and isn't it just great it's still only confined to my hand and arm and blah blah blah I'm so fabulous. I told Mike (PT) that since our last session I hadn't cramped in my forearm or bicep and oh life is so good, hooray hooray, I must be all better. Well. There's hubris for you. LOL, all night long, no matter what I've been doing, my rebellious little pinky has decided to Riverdance. I can't imagine what has gotten into the little digit, but it's just moving and twitching and having its own little party. And the stupid forearm is in cramp potential state--can you picture what I mean by that? It's like when you are just about to sneeze--you know it's coming you just don't know when. That's what the CPS forearm is like.

I met a PALS on the PLM site who lives near the office. His little icon is all red (severe arms, chest, legs) except for his head (orange). I'm considering visiting. I got his number and will call his wife to arrange a visit. I know with each new relationship I develop I run the risk of losing the person, but don't we all no matter what?

Just so you know, my little icon is all green (nothing in my head, chest or legs, and your jokes about nothing in my head do NOT need to be voiced, thank you kindly) except for my arms, which are yellow (mild). They don't have the option of isolating one arm from another, so it shows "arms" instead of "right arm." I can deal with that since they are only yellow and the rest of me is green.

I do believe it's time to go to bed. I hope the rebellious one quiets down.

OH. One more item before I go. For a time my dreams had gone away. I mean, I'm sure I had them but they were not remembered. In the last several days I've had my normal (??) vivid, abstract, totally random dreams. Last night's involved trudging through the snow, following a clear, trail-like track, while wearing ballet slippers and blue socks. I was very disturbed about the blue socks.

Okay, that'll give you something to ponder. Good night, sweet dreams, and all my love.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter