THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


6.05.2008

Waxing Poetic

These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume. The sweetest honey
Is loathsome in his own deliciousness
And in the taste confounds the appetite.
Therefore love moderately; long love doth so;
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow.

This applies to so many things; life in general. There were some rough spots today and I had a billion different thoughts going through my old muddled head. For whatever reason I started thinking about when we'd take C Claire to the carousel at the mall. She loved it and could ride it over and over and over again. It was shattering to her when we had to go home and the tantrums were very unpleasant. Of course, this was exacerbated by the Aspergers, but the disappointment a child feels when taken from a happy time is profound.

I love my carousel ride, too. Now more than ever.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter