THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


6.15.2008

Runner Girls

Nice start to beautiful Sunday: ran approximately eight miles this morning and felt great. I hope I don't become tedious with all this "great run, felt great" stuff, but I am (and have always been) grateful for the incredible feeling that comes from running, no matter the distance. And I'm going to savor every last drop of sweat and stink that goes along with it.

I ran behind Lynne, Cathy, and Tam this morning. I watched them run, talk, drink water, look around at our surroundings, and I was struck with how important these women are to me. Different people are put in our lives at various times--so we can help each other, rejoice in each other, love each other--how lucky am I to have such wonderful people in my life.

Yeah, I guess I'm all introspective and grateful today. Can't be helped, it's something that grows inside me and sometimes it just pours right out into this blog and you poor people have to endure all the mushygushy.

Well, the aforementioned stink is starting to hurt my nose so it's time for a shower. Here ends the mush.

Love you.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter