THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


6.17.2008

Thoughts during a run...

Wow. Was in bed before 9. C Claire woke me at 9:58 so I could take my meds, but I didn't get up until 10:18. Then right back to bed until the alarm went off at 4AM. I fought and fought--didn't want to get up to run and had almost convinced myself that bed was the better option until I remembered my big fat butt and that I wouldn't be able to run again until JULY. So I hauled the aforementioned big fat butt out of bed, gathered my gear and headed out at 4:20AM.

I'm glad I did. Today's distance was 6.5 miles, done in 63 minutes (slower than the last time I ran this course, but that day I hit all the lights the right way).

Things I thought about during my run:
  • How much I wished it was cold because the humidity was awful.
  • How glad I am I'm running now, and I wonder if I'll still be running when it gets colder.
  • How much certain people mean to me and how grateful I am to have such wonderful people in my life.
  • How glad I am I performed a "cleansing" on my cell phone by eliminating contacts who represent only negative energy.
  • How I am happy I finally can get past the "why" and "what's next" and just enjoy the "now."
  • How I am also happy I can finally get past the disappointment of "what might have been" and, again, just enjoy the "what is".
I am very glad I got out of bed. Hahaha! So is my big fat butt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how you refer to your "big fat butt" although I have seen a couple pictures of you nothing seems "big" or "fat"...maybe it is an optical illusion?

6.5 miles in 63 minutes is awesome...I think ONE mile for me is 11 minutes...so you have me beat.

Deleting those with negative energy is a good thing, I did that last week.

Enjoy Europe. I know you will. I already told Jenny that I expect oodles of pictures.

Tori

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter