THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


6.05.2008

Point Three Nine

My most recent labs revealed a blood lithium level (lithium blood level?) of .39, under the .4 desired. Effective today I take 300mg each morning and evening, an increase of 150mg a day.

When I was taking my meds last night I paid particular attention because, on occasion, my tongue gets numb and I wanted to figure out which med caused that. So I inhaled the Advair, nothing. I took the Rilutek. I waited and nothing. Then I took my Lithium, there was nothing there either. So no tongue numbness last night. Mystery unsolved.

But while I was waiting I thought to myself, "I am taking Rilutek." There's only one reason people take Rilutek. All my denial and good attitude and otherwise healthy constitution notwithstanding, I take Rilutek. It made me stop for a minute and wonder at the absurdity of this condition I find myself in.

Hoarseness update: comes and goes. But comes frequently. Which sucks.

Oh well. Not gonna worry about it. Not there yet, right?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter