THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.17.2009

Brownies 151

Last week's raised arm measurement at PT: 150. This morning: 146. Not bad. I told Mike my goal for Thursday is 151. Such an overachiever.

It occurred to me today, as I came back from lunch and had to go through three sets of heavy glass doors, that eventually I won't be able to pull open the doors. As it is now, if I use my right hand, I only can pull the door open a smidge, then I have to use my leg/shoulder to open it the rest of the way. I'm still okay with the left, but the left is oftentimes holding whatever I can't hold with the right. It's frustrating as hell.

One of the guys here at the office was talking about his recent leg injury which put him in crutches for a time. He was saying how he never realized how much he used his leg until he didn't have it. There's that whole "taking for granted" thing I referenced before. He has an awareness now, though it will fade in time. Thank heaven for him it will fade, yes?

Well. Must leave this post before it turns gloomy. I have a big fat brownie sitting here doing its best to make me smile. Yes. It is succeeding.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter