THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.11.2009

Ultra random ruminating

I don't know why, but I procrastinate every time it's time to take my meds. It takes two seconds and is painless. Why oh why do I always delay?

I still and will always hate when my arms twitch. Remembering that when they stop twitching it's bad doesn't make me like it any better.

When I use my voice recognition software and want to sign my name, the software always writes "Death."

I was starving at lunchtime today and couldn't decide if I should get a Wreck . I was so tempted. At least I didn't consider these. (Check out the whole site. Ugh.)

Somewhere deep inside me I don't believe I have ALS. Until I reach for something or try to put on socks.

I hate the "creepy crawly" burning feeling I get in my back near my neck and spine. It's gotten so bad, and the only relief comes from C Claire applying a strong, pointy, determined elbow to it several times an evening.

All those times in my life I wished I was dead, I take it back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

We had a visitor in the office today. While he was waiting for Melinda, he and I had a very nice chat. Somehow the conversation turned to being outdoors, running, walking, being smoke-free. The visitor commented on my very healthy lifestyle -- I smiled, and thought about the irony.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter