THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.19.2009

Oat Meal

Oatmeal ... its everywhere, its everywhere
Well some dimwit suggested I give mom some oatmeal thru the peg tube. Let me tell you about the mess I have, its in my hair, my clothes on the ceiling'
I think I did sumthin wrong
i don't understand? was there a gastric explosion?
LOL, no I couldn't get it to go thru the 60 cc syrenge so I went int he kitchen and tapped on the plunger and out it came everywhere, what a mess. Hmmm bet if I had a house keeper they would wish they worked somewhere else at this point.
I remember reading a post from (DELETED). She had sneezed her oatmeal all over her careworker. Laughing We just have to laugh at these mishaps.
Maybe more liquid in the oatmeal for the tube. Make it really thin.
(DELETED) so sorry for this event. Was the oatmeal consistency similar to that of ensure or was it thicker? If it was thicker, this may have contributed to the "explosion"
Next time make the oatmeal thin and to be sure chop it in a blender,
oh dear, you're not using whole rolled oats are you? the cut/instant would be best. Better yet, how about oatbran? very fine consistency compared to oatmeal. Don't make it too thick.
to heck with that, got the mess cleaned up and she got cream of wheat instead lol

The conversation above is from this morning's PLM forum. I cracked up when I read it. Sort of.

Let me put it on record right now that I don't like oatmeal, I have never liked oatmeal, and I do not want oatmeal shoved down a feeding tube. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter