THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.27.2009

Tis better.....?

I cried this morning for the first time in a long time. Kendall and I were discussing my earlier question about trading one more good long run for ever running again, and I said I was glad I'd HAD the longs runs I'd had, so I could remember them. The counterpoint to that, of course, is knowing what I'm missing. We joked and said "it's better to have run and lost than never to have run at all..." So cheesy. But it hit me where I store my tears, and out they came.

Part of this stems from a conversation I had last night, I was asked how I'm doing, if I'm still running. When I said I am maybe getting in 6-7 miles A WEEK, I was told how they (the inquirer) could never have run that at all. Which is not relevant. Because I COULD run longer and I DID run longer. Apples and oranges.

I have an MRI at NIH today. I look forward to the nap.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter