THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


4.30.2010

Vendredi

Okay. Just making some notes.

First, I did not have as much cramping in the calf muscles last night. Whether it was because I stayed hydrated or because I did extra stretching, I don't know. I don't really care, all that matters is I was not in as much pain.

Second, I am going to buy a bed wedge BECAUSE a) the last several nights I have experienced lightheadedness a few minutes after I lie down, and b) I've had more episodes of the gaspy breathing. The lightheadedness I attribute to the labored breathing that occurs when I'm getting into bed -- it's almost as if I'm hyperventilating. The gaspy breathing occurs sporadically and wakes me up. It scares me. Elevating my upper body should fix both problems.

Third, every now and then I find that I forget that certain functions used to be easy. It's been such a long time since I was able to pick up a pen and sign my name, or put toothpaste on my toothbrush, or put on my shoes; it is as if the way I do things now is the way it's always been.

Fourth, I have to make a conscious effort to sit up straight and not lean to the right. This leaning phenomenon happens gradually until I realize I am close to falling out of my chair. Since my right arm and my right leg are my weakest limbs it stands to reason that the muscles on the right side of my trunk are similarly weak.

There is no number five. I am finished, for now. Enjoy your Friday and your weekend.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter