THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


5.27.2010

I'll even pay for your ticket

I have decided to take a day off tomorrow -- without pay. Oh my gosh, I do crack myself up.

But seriously. It's the Friday before a three-day weekend and I am permitting myself a day away from work. I scheduled a hair appointment after which I may go to lunch. What I would like to do after that is catch a plane to my beloved France. My passport is near at hand and I can pack very lightly and very quickly. All I need is someone to go with.

Sigh. That's how it was supposed to be.

********************

Jenny knows an electrician who kindly came over and looked at my more-complicated-than-I-thought bidet toilet seats (BTS). It turns out I need a little bit of electrical work done in order to install them safely. He explained what was needed and why in his technical electrician's jargon which I heard as "blah blah blah blah electrocuted blah blah blah dedicated connection blah blah blah." Whatever. I just want to get it done. I'm glad he knows what he's doing because clearly we need an expert.

Mike is a good guy and said he was very happy to have the opportunity to help us. That was nice. What will be really nice will be a working BTS.

1 comment:

Mykljak said...

Our electrician put the washlet on its own circuit. I thought he was just being overly cautious, but maybe it's a requirement. Regardless, it's comforting to know that you can run the garbage disposer while douching. Now you just have to hope the neighbor's garage door opener isn't on the same frequency as your turlit seat.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter