THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.21.2010

Van go back

It sucks when you get your new handicapped van home only to discover it is truly handicapped -- fortunately the seller is a good man and is going to take it back. At issue: the clearance. It never occurred to anyone to measure. Lesson learned.

It also sucks when your Internet provider is experiencing a service outage. The power went out Monday night and with it went my connection. Service was not restored until just a few hours ago.

I have to admit I was feeling rather like Mrs. O'Leary with regard to the power outage. As I am wont to do, I was laptopping in my lift recliner late Monday night. After publishing the previous post I was ready to call it a night. At the exact second I closed my laptop, the power went out. Not just in my neighborhood, I think it was the whole grid because, when she returned home from visiting a friend, Cecilia reported several traffic lights were out as well. Now I know I did not cause the outage but the fact that everything went dark at the very moment I closed my laptop was too weird.

Recall that I was situated in my lift recliner; there I remained until power was restored more than 3 1/2 hours later. Thank heaven nature kindly waited to call until AFTER I was able to leave the chair.

Everything is back to normal now and, once again, I am searching for airbrushable transportation.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter