THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


4.05.2008

The 10K, the Maasai, and The Fluff

I am eagerly awaiting the race photos from today's 10K in Richmond. Becky ran with me--her first 10K! She told me she was going to run back in November, after I delivered "the news." She trained and did really well; we ran negative splits, even while taking walk breaks!

First race since starting back on the Rilutek. Didn't have any breathing issues, yay!

On another running note, I heard the other day on the BBC about a group of Maasai warriors who are running the London Marathon to raise money for clean water for their village. Clean water--what a basic need that we take so much for granted. What a soft life we lead; we have so much we never even would notice is missing. I was humbled.

___________

Update on The Fluff: she is stitchless and coneless. Only 39 more days and she'll be cageless. I miss the baby and can't wait to see her, especially if she's wearing her new little puff sleeved tee shirt. I know, I know, I dote on her. But she IS my grandogter, so I am entitled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you post the pictures up!
I would love to see them!

Tori

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter