THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


4.01.2008

My Lovely Morning

Because I didn't run Sunday or yesterday I decided I would do a nice short run this morning. But I overslept, Kendall wasn't there, and my enthusiasm and motivation were lacking.

Got to the locker room prepared just to walk the treadmill in the gym but, when I was tying my shoes, I double-knotted the laces. This I do only when I run. I took it as an omen.

It was not as cool as I like, but it was misty/rainy. I started slow and went out the Custis Trail. The lamps illuminated the newly-blossoming trees--such a beautiful and pleasing sight. I ran without stopping past the W&OD junction, up to the turn-around I usually take, back to the Bluemont and then on to the office. Somewhere along the way I wondered how I could ever have even considered for a moment not running, not doing this thing I love so much and which is such a part of me. It really is life-affirming for me.

I start taking the Rilutek again today, half dose. Preparing for lithium. My running may change, but I won't let it stop.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter