THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


4.01.2008

Random Updates

The Car

I don't need it YET, but it is increasingly difficult to turn the key in my little hybrid Civic,which is also a stick shift. I am on the lookout for a used, moderately mileaged Prius or automatic Civic hybrid. The Prius doesn't have a traditional key, and the automatic Civic can be fitted with a remote starter. I have to figure out the $$ because I sure don't need MORE debt, but this is going to become necessary so I may as well suck it up and just do it.

===============================

The House

Is going molasses slow. It seems as though the weekends are overful with commitments and there is SO much to be done it overwhelms me. I wish I could just sell it as is but the market is bad enough--I'd get almost nothing for it. It'll get done, slowly, but again there is the $$ issue. We have to do work little by little.

===============================

The Social Worker

Finally called me back but I couldn't take the call, thank goodness she left me a voice message. I've called HER back and will work quickly to arrange a meeting with her. I think C Claire will benefit and the social worker may be able to suggest some helpful strategies. C Claire is generally okay but, as I've said before, I know this weighs on her.

===============================

The Race

Have had nice messages from people who are interested in running or supporting the race. I've even heard from an incredibly dear friend who wants to sponsor! This emboldened me to reach out to my old law firm to see if they, too, would consider sponsoring. Hey, it never hurts to ask.

===============================

The Dream

I've just purchased a BlackBerry for someone else and am carrying it around in pink tissue in a white canvas bag. After a confusing moment (in the store? don't know) I realize I can't find the bag and am worried. I try to leave the store but, since I'm wearing clunky ROLLER BLADES, I can't make it down the rickety metal steps on to the bustling city street. My arms won't support me on the railings. There are lots of people there but no one helps. Next I am in an informal meeting room where I am supposed to meet with the people at a new job. The woman I'll be working for looks familiar and I realize it is the coordinator of my local ALSA chapter! She and another woman give me a company credit card and tell me they have to ask me the important question. I ask if they need to know if I understand how to budget or something along those lines but they say no, they need to know if I drink black coffee or lattes.

Too ridiculous, right? :)

===============================

Had enough? Yeah, me too. Time for some non-computer time.

Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Deb,

It is Tori McGee (god knows the last time I saw you...I know I was young)

Your journals bring me to tears, you are so strong even if you don't think so. You are still living your life to the fullest, and it shows. You do the best you can every day. It must be so much easier to give up, and you certainly don't.

I know it has been a long time, but I wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts. I love you, all the way from Texas!

My email is

v.m.mcgee@tcu.edu

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter