THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


4.06.2008

Please.

To my friend:

I am so full of conflicting emotions. What I am about to say sounds crazy, like I'm arguing both sides, but please bear with me.

I know people feel bad about Louise. I'm not crazy about it. And I know I have to be supportive of my family and friends and sensitive to your feelings about all this.

I don't ask that you be happy about this, but please do not burden me with your pity. I do quite enough of that for myself and it is wasted energy.

Tell me if you are sad and say the things that need to be said. Cry. I can handle it. I'll cry with you. We'll cry until we purge the pain then we'll laugh and go back to that acceptance place. It'll make us stronger knowing we have crossed that rough spot together.

But please don't look at me that "way." It breaks my heart.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter