THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.08.2009

Hi Beautiful

Beautiful weather.
Beautiful day.
Beautiful life.

There was a support group meeting today. All the regulars were there. A young woman was joining us for the first time; her mother had been diagnosed with bulbar onset only a week ago. In the room there were three wheelchairs, two other bulbar, and me. Not for the first time was I struck with how different I am from my friends. I am 17 months post diagnosis. Average life span after diagnosis is 2-5 years. I am so not average. I am so grateful.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

I have hit a catch 22. I run less because it is harder to run; it is harder to run because I run less. I did not run last weekend (notice there was no post about this). I ran for an hour yesterday, and ran only about 1 mile today. The plantar fasciitis in my left foot is very much aggravated when I run but not so much when I walk. Walking is looking more and more appealing. And in weather like this, I could walk forever.

Making lemonade, and lemonade is beautiful.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter