THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.16.2009

Hopefully no number three

Twice tonight as I was coming home I was almost hit. The first near miss occurred on 10th Street just before Wilson Blvd. -- a car in the right lane decided it wanted to be in the left lane but forgot to see if there was room. There was not, I was there. Fortunately I had had my eye on him and anticipated his foolishness. I laid on the horn as well as my brakes. He missed hitting me by mere inches.

The second occurrence took place in the HOV. Traffic was merging on from the right so I was in the left lane. Two state policeman entered the HOV and, within minutes, had their lights flashing. The car in the right lane tried to move out of their way by going into the left lane. Just like before, I hit the horn and the brakes and just narrowly avoided being hit. I was not surprised when one of the state troopers pulled in behind this guy -- the miscreant was in the HOV illegally. Both state troopers stayed on his butt until he finally pulled over.

Needless to say the rest of my ride home was done cautiously -- things happen in threes, right?

Spring break update: Cecilia and I will be joined by my niece, who is studying abroad this semester. I'm very excited to see her as it has been a number of years.

Time to make some "pan-crepes.” Delicious!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter