THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.04.2009

Random acts

I met a very kind young woman this evening.

On the ride home tonight, I was pondering what to make for dinner. Since C Claire seemed to enjoy the "pan-crepes" I made last week, I thought I might make them again. Last week I had used Camembert cheese but decided to use brie tonight; I also decided raspberry preserves would be nice complement.

All my items (all two of them) in hand, I went to the register. The young woman behind the counter -- Alisha -- rang me up. Cheese and preserves aren't very expensive and I decided to pay with cash. Switching my tote to my right arm, I rooted around to find my wallet. Success. Now the hard part: unzipping the little pocket. Seeing me struggle, Alisha offered to help. At that moment I got the zipper undone. My next challenge was removing a $20 bill -- I got the bill out but couldn't unfold it. Once again, Alisha offered to help. This time I accepted, gratefully. She unfolded the bill, counted out my change, put it back in my wallet, and zipped it up. I was touched by her simple act of kindness.

Thank you very much, Alisha.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter