THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.01.2009

Grip and Grin

The new steering wheel is a huge success! My arms are still tired, but at least I have better grip. Thank you, Andrew, for putting the cover on last night.

So, when Andrew put the cover on he had to lock the steering wheel for stability. I know you know what's coming. Right. When I went out to the car this morning, I could not move the steering wheel. I had to go in and wake up John. He succeeded in unlocking the steering wheel and went back inside. However, he had put up the emergency brake to a point where I was unable to release it. I had to go back in and ask him if he could release the brake for me. I was pretty frustrated after all that mess.

Fortunately, being able to grip the steering wheel made it easier to bear the frustration.

My next goal is to find a cupholder that fits in the driver's side window. I can't lift my coffee cup from the center console. It's always something.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter