THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.06.2009

My sweet girl

You come when called, whether it's 6am or 11pm. Unhook this, pull here, adjust this, please pour me some water, open the jarbottlebagcontainermicrowave, please scrub near my neck, please get the laundry, feed the cat, unlock the door, lock the door, turn on my lamp--it never ends and you never complain. You just do it.

I am grateful. And I am so very, very sorry.

Every day gives us a gift, a new "great joy" to recognize and carry with us as we go forward. Today, for me, it was when I felt your soft, cool, little hand in my weak, swollen hand. I told you I loved you and you told me you loved me. The beautiful crazy hazy moon hovered above. It was a moment in time I hope to remember forever.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter