THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.15.2009

A fine Saturday morning

The hard part about walking/running by myself is that I do not have to wake up at a certain time because I am not going to meet anyone.

Let's flip that around.

The nice thing about walking/running by myself is that I do not have to wake up at a certain time because I am not going to meet anyone.
--------------
This morning I woke up at 5:15 AM, looked at the clock, and told myself I still had time. At 5:45 AM, I told myself "10 more minutes." At 6:50 AM, I finally got out of bed. The extra sleep was a gift.

I made it to Pratt Park by 7:15 AM determined to wog six laps -- hoping for a high run to walk ratio. I dutifully walked the first 10 or so minutes then tried to run, but my legs felt heavy and stiff and my hip was still unhappy from yesterday's episode. Unfazed, I continued along my way, adjusting my expectations. I would not run around in circles six times; I would walk around in circles six times.

As I was nearing the end of the third lap (and running just a little) I noticed another runner coming my way, a runner whose gait, attire, and hair style I recognized. It was none other than dear Lynne, out for her own run and who had decided to make a detour in the park. It made my day.

We walked and talked and just after I began my sixth lap, she headed off to the trail back to her car. I finished my loop with a little tiny run just near the end. All things considered, it was quite a fine morning.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter