THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.28.2009

The space.

Well, I did it. I was weak, I took the easy way. Heaps of bad karma will surely be visited on my head.

As I searched for a space near the restaurant where I and Cecilia were meeting Becky, John, Lynne, Melanie , and Tina, I became frustrated with the crowded lot and the ticking clock (I was already more than 25 minutes late). I turned into another row and there it was, calling, beckoning...I didn't think twice, I gave in.

Four and a half hours later I finally pulled into the hotel parking lot at the beach. I honestly tried to avoid a repeat of my earlier transgression but I had no choice! There was nothing else available--I was forced to give in, again.

Cecilia reminds me I am legitimately eligible, that I am doing nothing wrong. But it feels not right, like I crossed a line.

Will I do it again? Probably. But only as a last resort.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter