THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


9.30.2008

Another picture

Look at my new little green man picture:

Do you see what's different? I guess this means I'm no longer a newbie. Just to clarify, the diagnosis came a year ago, but the first symptoms were October 2006 (or earlier).

Talked to a friend at work today about how I almost smoked a cigarette on Friday night. Lynne, Jenny J., Tam and I had gone to the Oktoberfest from hell and then out to dinner. When Jenny was dropping me at my car she was holding her cigarette out the window and I was SOOOOOO tempted! But I thought to myself how I was coming up on 8 years without and I couldn't bring myself to ruin my track record. My friend asked if I had ever considered Louise when making this decision and I said no--and that made me feel pretty good. I make a ton of decisions without thinking about my ALS. Isn't that cool? I'm thinking, yes, it is.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter