THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


9.29.2008

Check.

Windows will be in by or before Halloween, so says the window guy. Who sort of creeps me out, but he IS a salesman, after all. He also sort of pissed me off. We were supposed to have met last Wednesday night but he called and asked if I could reschedule since he'd had a thing happen and it resulted in him double booking, blah blah. I'm easy, said okay, we rescheduled for Saturday at 1PM.

Saturday at 12:30 I called, got his voice mail, and let him know my schedule was frighteningly tight so I wanted to make sure our appointment was efficient, short, cut and dried. At 12:55 he called and said he was still more than 30 minutes away. That wasn't going to work so he suggested tonight, Monday. I said fine, 6:30. It turned out we were both able to make it a bit earlier so he met me here just before 6. Papers signed, check written, and he says to make sure if I need to schedule anything else to be sure to do it through the main office because they normally do all the scheduling and that I WAS LUCKY HE'D BEEN ABLE TO SEE ME TONIGHT. Can you imagine how this comment was received by yours truly? The gall of this prick. I looked at him over the top of my glasses and told him in icy accents that if he'd caused me to reschedule a third time I wouldn't have been pleased. What a jerk.

Anyway, that'll be done soon and will be another box checked.

Now for the really fabulous news. I saw my gynecologist today to discuss options for a hysterectomy. I am sure I stressed before how that is one indignity I refuse to endure when I am unable to care for myself. My doctor was sympathetic and told me the solution was simple, would involve no surgery, no hormones, nothing traumatic. The procedure is called endometrial ablation and can be done in his office during my next well-woman visit!! I am over the top happy about this. And it is another box checked.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter