THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


9.25.2008

Small arms ammunition points*

(*a fancy way to say bullet points. Credit: Greg)

It's almost 8 so I am scarfing down a tuna sandwich quick before the med deadline...or medline. Hahaha, I am so clever and I crack myself up! More on tuna later. I have some very important things to say.
  • Kendall, you make it very easy to accept help. Thank you. You've hooked me and helped me so much, I don't think twice about just walking over--I know you don't mind. But today's assistance was new and, in spite of my initial urging to get on your way, you stayed and you helped. For my darling readers who haven't yet been told, Kendall helped me put on tights. Yes, I know I said no more hose, but today's outfit NEEDED black tights and if I had to I was willing to crawl around on a floor in order to get them on. That was unnecessary because of Kendall's kindness. Kendall, ignoring me when I said "leave" just walked over, took the tights in hand, and helped.
  • Next. In response to yesterday's post, I got a couple of emails telling me exactly what I could do with myself if I chose to keep quiet about things I think about. I can't promise I'll always be forthcoming, but I very truly and gratefully appreciate your kind words and your support, my friends. (Gratefully appreciate? A bit redundant?)
  • Next. Wrote Lynne today about Sunday's long run and told her we had to discuss refill options. As she put it, it is a sign of the times that she defaulted to thinking about my med refills when, in fact, I was talking about a water vehicle for the run. Sometimes I forget that other people might actually think about Louise as much as I do.
  • Now for tuna. I love tuna. I was craving tuna. I decided that was all I wanted tonight so I pulled out my One Touch can opener (courtesy Mr D, of course) and opened two cans. You know what I forgot? That I had to squeeze the water out of the cans. Sigh. I did--to an extent--but my sandwich was pretty runny. Note to self: see if there is pre-squeezed tuna anywhere.
  • I hate twistie ties on bread. Didn't like them much before, totally hate them now.
  • 2424CX. You are an asshole. It's raining, it's heavy traffic, it's unsafe to drive so close to the car in front of you at a high rate of speed. There is an entire other lane you can move into to pass cars (yes, cars, not just me) if they are not moving fast enough for you. And, in the conditions I just mentioned, I think 75 is quite speedy enough, thank you YOU MOTHERFUCKER.
  • To all mothers pushing their delicate little babies in umbrella strollers in the Metro. DO NOT USE THE BABY IN THE STROLLER TO KEEP THE TRAIN DOOR FROM CLOSING SO YOU CAN GET ON THE TRAIN. I couldn't believe I saw this happen, but I did.
  • To provide a visual of a ceiling hoist, I did a Google search of images. Nothing very wonderful, but I did come across an image where a ceiling hoist was being used for a purpose not commonly thought of. Naturally I had to peek but, finding nothing that would appeal to the broader audience, I closed the window. It's funny what people will do with a ceiling hoist.
  • If you didn't see the Daily Show when Bill Clinton was the guest, I highly recommend it. I would vote for that man again. The mess this country is in makes me cringe, particularly when I look at my shrinking 401K which I will have to depend on much sooner than I'd hoped. I couldn't have gotten sick at a worse time.
  • And on THAT note. I say sick, I mean diagnosed. I can't put on tights but I can type an entry for this blahg. I can't squeeze water out of a tuna can but I can design key thingies. I can't hold my hairdryer but I can still make my hair look FABULOUS. And even though my 401K is shrinking, I am NOT. Still healthy, even if too plump for my liking.
Despite my whining and moaning, I do understand and appreciate the balance.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter