THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


9.16.2008

FVC

Forced Vital Capacity. Lung strength. Was 103%, then 100%, currently 90% (second attempt, first time was 80%). Clinic tomorrow. Another reading. And I have a fucking cold.

I know the cold will affect the FVC. But I also know if the FVC is less than 90% no amount of rationalizing will make a difference. I will be gloomy. Even acknowledging this, I will be gloomy.

I must start now, start cheering myself up. Any and all cheeriness is welcome. Cheer away.

On the bright side (see, already starting), I can still drink water and puff out my cheeks and raise my eyebrows. And raise my hands over my head. And walk. And work. And run. And live.

Ah, perspective. A wonderful thing.

Disregard the gloom above. Until after I get the FVC reading.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter