THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


9.02.2008

Introducing....

...Miss Lydia.

She is our house guest for the next several days and may take up permanent residence with us. I had forgotten what a little kitty was like...recall that Shadow was 18+ and quite slow! Lydia has no fear and knows no bounds.

But there is no denying she is truly beautiful. She'll be the first to tell you.

Speaking of beauty, look at what else I found on the camera:

She is a joy.

I had a blood test today since it's been about six weeks since my last which, if you remember, gave a reading of .63. Keep your fingers crossed.

This was me today:

Totally fabulous because I got a great night's sleep. Happy at work. Happy listening to MiPod as I walked to the lab. Patient as I waited an unusually long time at the lab. Happy when chatting up the tech, mostly to distract myself while she played vampire (that one's for you, Mom). Thoughtful as I walked back from the lab. Anxious when I let my thoughts wander too far. Sad. Disappointed when there was no tuna salad at C&B. Happy when I returned to the office. Sad when I felt the bandage. Sad, too, when my arm spasmed so much. Happy when I talked to a friend on my ride home.

I tell myself to stay happy. To look away from all that other stuff. It's hard work, but I'm trying.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter