THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.27.2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm at Becky's, listening to music on my laptop, smelling the turkey that's been cooking since 11PM, feeling very content.

Yesterday's outpatient procedure went well. I was worried that something would go wrong and I'd come out of it with reduced function, but today all is well. I don't have any pain so won't need the painkillers, thank goodness. I don't like how they make me feel.

It was Thanksgiving last year when I told the girls about Louise. I remember the four of us huddled in a hug as we contemplated what my diagnosis meant for our family. Honestly, this time last year I was convinced I'd be in a different (translated: worse) state than I actually am today. Yeah, my hand function is worse, but IT STILL FUNCTIONS. I am so grateful, thankful, hopeful--odd to say that in the face of a disease like ALS, but I am. Every single day I am given is a gift and I am very cognizant of that gift--those gifts.

Happy Thanksgiving my dear ones. I love you with all my heart.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter