THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.26.2008

I'm having a moment.

It's cold in the house because the crew is here working so the heat is off. My whole body is cold but mostly my hands, which don't do so well under these conditions. I keep having to cup them together and blow on them. Since the guys are here, I am relegated to my room and I can't get comfortable because Cecilia is still asleep (yes, in my room, along with Flapper), and I am having difficulty scooching myself up on the pillow. My cold hands and dumb weak wrists and arms are plaguing me there. And my arms are twitching so much it's making me nuts.

I'm hungry and I can't eat. It's past 11 so I can't drink.

I'm a little scared about The Procedure, even though I know it'll be fine. Thoughts of not being able to move my arms or hands, falling, suffering any sort of worsened progression, haunt me.

I read a few posts on the PLM site about my "friends" who have a) choked and b) fallen. When I read about them it breaks my heart. One of the posts was titled "My world changed again today." I wanted to cry.

My good glasses broke.

I suffered a disappointment that is making me very sad.

Sometimes it is very hard to keep a smile on this stupid old face.

I'm just pitiful.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter