THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.10.2008

Little Gifts from Louise

For the past four days my right middle finger has been spasming in toward my hand. It's not constant, but consistent, occurring either with rapid-fire repetitiveness or single little blasts. It's a strong spasm and I feel it all the way down my forearm. Pretty weird. As I've said before, if I didn't know that it was ALS causing it, I'd even think it was sort of cool. And on one level it is amusing, and I find myself laughing. What's the alternative?

More to laugh about: I'm wearing sensible shoes, pregger pants, I'm driving a car that has a nice grippy steering wheel and a doorknob adapter on the gearshift, and the key, encased in foam tubing, sits in the cupholder.

Today I will have a biopsy, Wednesday an ultrasound, all because of the endometrial ablation that is scheduled for the 26th.

All these things are the result of my relationship with Louise. That stupid cow has changed my life, hasn't she.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter