THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.09.2008

Oooh la la, Momma's gonna look so fine!

New purchases: neoprene steering wheel cover (to improve grip); and new pants, suitable for work, that have an amazing stretchy waistband and no buttons or zipper. How did I come by these delightful pants? Why, in the maternity section at Target. Yes, you heard right. Muscle Tam had suggested this several days ago and so I checked it out. Gone are the days of pregger pants with those gross big old tummy panels, today's options are cut a little different and have a more flattering stretchiness. I'm going to get a pair of jeans, too, at Kohl's. It's nice having this avenue available to me. Thanks for the fabulous idea, Tam!!!

Went to the November support group meeting today with Muscle Lynne. I actually enjoy these sessions now and derive great benefit from them. And the other PALS-- today these were Michael, Pat, Larry, Karen, Kyle--and their spouses and friends are SO wonderful. Karen, who I met for the first time today, said she'd had a feeling similar to mine her first time at a support group meeting: she wasn't ready for it. She is in a chair now, can't walk at all. She was diagnosed four months before I was. The stories she and her husband told us had everyone laughing, seems she's ready for it now.

Time for bed. I'm unaccountably tired this evening.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter