THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.11.2008

Ranting Like a Madwoman

Posted a new commercial by the ALS Association in Canada. It's rough, so beware.

Now. The promised rant.

When I'm driving home I occasionally have some very wicked ideas. One of these is the fantasy that, when I'm nearing the time when I won't be driving much anymore--or at all--it would be nice to bump into the following vehicles, knowing it won't matter:
  • Cars bearing any sticker that says "W" or "Bush Cheney" or "McCain Palin". Palin. What the hell was THAT all about anyway?
  • Cars bearing any form of the confederate flag (yes, lower case, on purpose), or stickers that say "Heritage not Hate". Idiots. It's a heritage based on hate.
  • Cars with two or more "ribbon" magnets (one is bad enough) UNLESS the ribbons are about autism or ALS (self serving? yes. so what.)
  • Hummers with yellow ribbons. The stupid war is about the stupid oil you put in your stupid gas guzzler so stop with the stupid hypocrisy. It's the ultimate disrespect to those men and women serving our country.
  • Cars (or, as is more typical pickup trucks) with stickers relating to GRITS. Assholes.
  • Any vehicle with testicles dangling from the trailer hitch.
There are more, which I'll add when I can remember them. I welcome any additions to the list.

Not that I can bump into them, which I'd like, but what's up with the stupid car makers looking for a handout? They should be going to the fucking oil companies with their outstretched hands, not the US taxpayer. Fuck all those SUV producing no consequences to the executives car companies. They can go to hell. Grousing about producing cars that meet a minimum CAFE standard and now this. Fuck 'em all. Of course, with oil at under $58/barrel today, the oil companies are going to cry poor and will probably come looking for a handout, too, since they'll only be making $4 zillion in profits instead of $5 zillion.

And finally, I have heard there are jokes circulating about the new President, jokes that are racial in nature. I beg all those who would hear them NOT to repeat them and to accord the same respect to the incoming President that was accorded the outgoing President. You don't have to like him, you don't have to agree with him. But please, PLEASE do not become part of a larger problem by repeating a joke that may seem funny but is rooted in hate. Do not propagate ignorance.

Yeah, I'm on a tear. I'm fed up.

Good night.

1 comment:

Wendy Leah said...

Amen Sister! To every word.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter