THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.08.2008

Post Race Saturday

Had an unusual, unwelcome experience today.

I have become accustomed to the spasms and cramping in my fingers, hands, arms. And in my toes, feet and legs. I had one NECK spasm a while back, an isolated incident.

Today I had a spasm in my left ribcage area. I know these for what they are, so I won't pretend it's something else. But shit. I hope it, too, is an isolated incident.

I ran this morning, first time since the race. It wasn't as cold as I'd hoped but cold enough we had to go back for a glove for my right hand. Lynne and Janice, those speedy girls, would run ahead and come back for me. I'm glad Lynne has other people to run with, who can run at her pace. She's a dear to come back for me but I am not her equal anymore and she really needs Janice, Tiffany, Cathie, Nell and Tam. They, however, will have to defer to me for the after run beverage--there is where I can still give Lynne a run for her money!

Anyway, legs are tired but okay, and we will run again tomorrow. And next week. And next month. And next year.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter