THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.12.2008

More Bailout News

I paid $1.89 for gas today. Won't be long before those ol' oil companies, led by poor W and his friends, come knocking on Uncle Sam's door.

Today was ultrasound day. Sorry, no pictures, they don't give you pictures of just plain empty uteri. Anyway, I had to have two types: external and INTERNAL. I tried to imagine what the probe was going to look like, but when the technician, Ashley, showed me I about died. I looked at her and said, "You know, it looks like..." -- she interrupted me to tell me she'd heard it before.

Ladies (and the couple of men I know read this), we really do have to suffer quite a lot of indignity being women. I will not go into detail, I doubt it's necessary. Suffice it to say I am glad I won't be doing that again. I hope.

So now the preapproval stuff required by the insurance company is done. Next step is the pre-op visit, then the deed. I can't tell you how I am looking forward to it. It never ceases to amaze me that I am in such good health in every way but one. Oh, Irony.

Matt comes in tomorrow as there are some transition issues to deal with. It'll be good to see him.

I wonder what gas will cost this weekend?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what it looks like!
They had to do that sonagram thing when I had a weird pain in my side and they couldn't figure it out. Everything was normal, but I felt totally violated!

Deborah said...

LOL, my poor niece! I hope it helped identify your pain at least. Love you.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter