THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.10.2008

Can you believe it's already August 10???

Want to go watch the Olympics so this will be brief.

Ran about 8 miles this AM. Felt great. While running, pondered the sports bra issue. Have come up with a couple possible fixes, AND managed to do quite well with just a slight alteration in approach. Just goes to show one must sometimes think outside the box.

Went to the support group meeting after all and found it very useful. A couple of new people were there, recently diagnosed, and topics ranged from MDA registration to my dumb sports bra to gel seats in wheelchairs to shower slings. All very helpful and sometimes entertaining! As well, Christine Kirkley from ALSA was there to talk about the upcoming Walk to Defeat ALS.

My upcoming trip to Maine has been postponed because my cousin is ill. He is in his 70's and had hoped that his ailment would be resolved by the time of my trip, but it looks like that will not be the case. I am hopeful that he'll be his old self again soon and then we can plan for a future visit.

I think that sums it up. Hope everyone has had a good weekend and enjoyed the superb weather!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter