THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.07.2008

Polly, hurry back!

Today a friend asked me if I'd started the ball rolling with my Social Security Disability application yet. My friend said she'd heard it might take as long as two YEARS to complete everything and it might be in my best interest to check.

After having the dumb-thumb morning, I started feeling, hmmm, a bit LOW. Okay, no, I do not mind people saying stuff like this. It's well meant and helpful, even if it does make me think less than Polly-like.

I checked. I won't be able to start this process until I am no longer working or am only making a part-time pittance. And then, because ALS patients have a FAST TRACK option, it should only take a couple of months. Well, isn't is fortunate I have ALS--I get preferred treatment when I become disabled!

Here I go making lemonade again...or trying...

Sigh. Just keep smiling, right? I've had a lot of stuff in my head this week. I hope I haven't let it show too much.

I'm beat. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter