THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.17.2008

Part 3, very blahblahblah-y

So. Discussion with Lynne during our run. Fr. Riley's explanation of the Gospel reading was less simple than Fr. Rooney's. Fr. Riley suggested that our prayers are answered, but on an elevated level that we, mere humans, don't understand or perceive. Perceive is actually the better word.

And after much soul searching and questioning myself over the last ten months, I have arrived at this. My apologies to anyone who's heard this before. I don't mean to be repetitive.

I have always and will always believe things happen for a reason. That we are where we are when we are supposed to be. That we do not know the answers to the simple mysteries of our lives, and it is incumbent upon us to live our lives as well as we can (here's to you, Mr. D). We are dealt a hand and we have a responsibility to play it to the best of our ability. I am up to that challenge (I hope).

As well, anyone who has ever loved knows how it feels when someone you love is ill--you want to take it on so that loved one doesn't have to suffer. I've felt that way with my kids, I know those of you who are parents understand what I mean. Well, it may be that I'm bearing this illness for someone else, somewhere else. I don't want to sound all holier-than-thou or martyr-like...but I do like to think I am strong and I am very willing to carry the load here if it means someone else can be spared this insidiousness.

Blah blah blah. I know, these are the ramblings of a woman who controls her blood lithium level with liquid nutrients!

The Wake: Crowded, as expected. A constant, rotating law enforcement honor guard. Thankfully, a closed casket. Draped in his trademark yellow roses. Cherrie was gracious and incredibly strong. The funeral on Tuesday will be legendary.

Mr. D set quite an example. And touched many lives, directly and indirectly.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter