THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.30.2008

I am a fool.

I had my car serviced today. It needed a battery and a tweak of the Integrated Motor Assist system. Very minor.

When I picked up my car I noticed the preset radio stations were gone. I went in and asked why, and the service manager explained the stations go back to factory default when there is work done on the battery. Duh, that makes total sense. Happy with this explanation, away I went.

I noticed as I was driving though, that my dashboard lights weren't on. I tried moving the dimmer up and down but there was no change. Not wanting to seem silly since it was probably a battery issue again, I tried to ignore it. I did call the service manager, though, to ask and was told there shouldn't have been any change to my dashboard lights. We agreed if it was still a problem I'd come in Monday for a quick look. When I reached home I was surprised to see my dashboard lights were bright when I turned OFF my headlights. Hmmm.

Okay, so after I cleaned up from the run I had to go to the bank. I got in the car and again, no dashboard lights. When I left the bank I decided to go back to the Honda place today rather than Monday. As I drove I played with the dimmer switch again, to no avail. Then I realized my air conditioning had stopped blowing on the driver's side. Now I was convinced there was something very wrong.

As I got closer to the Honda place I fiddled for a minute with the little button that resets the mileage on the odometer. Just for kicks, I tried turning it. You know what happened, right? Yeah, the stupid dashboard lights got bright. It turns out the dimmer switch I'd been adjusting was in fact the driver's side a/c vent control. I had closed the stupid vent. When I looked over at the passenger side, there was an identical DIMMER SWITCH.

I made a quick u-turn and came home. I am a total fool.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter