THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.07.2008

I do bite my thumb, sir

Never, ever take your thumb for granted.

This morning I went for a really good, short run. Got back to the office and to the locker room. These days I have to hook my right thumb strategically if I am going to get my sports bra off. It's usually difficult but ultimately successful. Today was different. Remember the post about being trapped in my little black dress? Well, this morning I was trapped in my stupid sports bra. It's so hard to manipulate with only one hand. There I stood, tangled up with only the left hand available to me, all alone. Several futile attempts to extricate myself from this horrible restraint found me in tears. I was cursing my sports bra, my useless thumb, and stupid Louise.

Yes, eventually I managed to figure out a solution. Impossible to describe except to say I finally got out of the tangle by stepping out like I would step out of a skirt. What an awful experience.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter