THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.05.2008

Show and Tell

Much work was done today in ye olde basement. Want to see? Of course you do!


The planter thing that is clearly not a planter has a wire of some sort coming out of its top. I think it may be connected to, or is, the sump pump.

The window well pipes are nicely sealed and the floor is reconcreted. I made up that word.


More reconcretion. And the awful corner.


The blue thing has to do with my well. I'm not sure what, but I believe it is important.

So that was quick. The two week timeframe must include the drying of concrete and the drywall work. I am well pleased. What does surprise me is that we'd been asked if we would permit people (builders, etc.) access to our home so they could see the work before and after. So far not a soul. Maybe it's too soon. I don't know. ANYWAY.

Now. Today I realized something that likely isn't NEW but it's the first time I've noticed it. I had a diet coke at lunch and went to take it out of the refrigerator at work. As I reached in I realized my right hand doesn't form a "C" anymore. The best I can get is a sad sideways "V."


I can pull the right thumb with my left hand to force a "C" but as soon as I let go the "V" returns. I note this dispassionately, but I will admit to having been shaken. It passed, it always does, but still.

And one of my coping mechanisms is to show you the hands as they are at present. Please enjoy.


Good muscled thumb vs. bad mushelly thumb.


The left hand gets an A+ for being able to hold all fingers together. The right hand fails miserably. I don't know if it shows here but the right is also a swollen Hamburger Helper hand. Bleah.


The left forming a lovely "C" while the right, fingers splayed, makes a pathetic attempt and only succeeds in looking like the claw it has become.


Well. At least my nails are growing.

1 comment:

Wendy Leah said...

And absolutely lovely nails they are.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter