THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.17.2008

O ye of little faith

Today at Mass the Gospel reading was about the woman who came to Jesus asking him to heal her daughter. Her tenacity and faith won the day and Jesus sent her home to her daughter who was no longer tormented by demons.

Fr. Rooney asked us how often do we pray for something but really don't expect it to happen? He said perhaps we should try, like the tenacious woman of great faith who had no other recourse but to ask Jesus, and if we tried and seriously believed we would get what we asked for, maybe we would be surprised by what our faith would yield.

Does this mean I don't have enough tenacity or faith? That my family and friends don't have enough tenacity and faith?

Or does it mean, like Fr. Rooney later said is sometimes the case, and which I've already concluded: the answer is no.

I will be thinking about this during my run this morning.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter