THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.07.2008

5+12+8=

So the aggregate mileage for the weekend was 25 miles, this after yesterday's eight. I was surprised how strong I felt yesterday after the previous day's 12. No doubt about it, I was tired, but not so tired I couldn't run. Very encouraging, especially with the heat and humidity. The rain was a huge factor, of course. I don't know if I could have managed so well in glaring sun.

As Lynne and I ran in the battlefield she calculated it took her eight minutes to get 30 seconds ahead of me. We'd walk together, start running, then when there were 30 or so seconds to go until the walk she'd turn around and get back to me just as the watch went off. I told her I would record that fact here so we could measure it when I start catching up to her again.

Anyway, given this solid base, I'm confident that NY will be doable. I don't intend to attack it like I have before, this time I'm going to run gently and conservatively, walk whenever I want, even switch up the walk breaks to something much more Louise-friendly.

I feel so good. What a gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After looking at pictures of your trip, my brother and I decided that Jenny, Becky, and Cecilia ALL look like you to an insane degree.

Tori

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter