THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.22.2008

A baby step

I'm getting a new front door--part of the get-the-house-ready project. Tonight I was talking to Tam (whose husband is facilitating this project) about installation since the door is now in! I asked if it had a doorknob and was told, as expected, that it did not. Good, I told her, because I wanted to get one that was handicap-friendly, since it's hard to turn my existing knob. Handicap-friendly. Doesn't that sound strange?

An alternative to a new doorknob is this:


Totally bizarre. I think my right thumb, however, approves. Ever since I found this picture it's been spasming like mad!

I shall go to Home Depot, Lowe's, and the other specialty store this weekend and see what's available. Another step taken...

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter