THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.21.2008

More on Kevin

The service was very nice. I got there about 10 minutes late (yep, got lost. Are you surprised?) but only missed the first readings. The minister spoke, followed by Kevin's twin brother. Kevin's brother spoke so eloquently and lovingly--it was evident they are a loving and supportive family.

During the service much was said about the insidiousness of ALS, how dreadful and horrible a disease it is. I'm pretty sure I was the only ALS patient in the room and I was grateful my progression is slow. I know insidious and dreadful and horrible are in my future, but not for a very very long time.

Afterward I sought out Kevin's wife and daughter, both incredibly lovely and poised women, amazing given the circumstances. I also met a sister (?)--Jane--who said Kevin had enjoyed our emails. I promised to share the correspondence since it seems Kevin didn't keep any.

Becky and I had had lunch together prior to my going, and we had a fabulous dinner after. It helped to ease the tension.

Now, bedtime pour moi. Sweet dreams to all my dears.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter