THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.04.2008

Sub 10 and Kettle Corn

I managed to pull out a sub 10 pace in today's race. Imagine my surprise when, at each mile mark, the marshal announced the time and it was under 10 at mile 1; just over 20 at 2; under 30 at 3, etc. I finished with a 49 and change. The nicest part was feeling good the whole time. No mistake, it was hot, but I ran an easy pace and pushed it when I felt strong and took it down when I felt tired. I even walked through two water stops, so I'm really delighted!

Lynne did a 42 and change--she's SO strong.

We rewarded ourselves after with our favorite Magic Hat #9, then walked around the Heritage Festival in search of Kettle Corn. Two bags of this wonderful treat came home with me.

Happy Fourth of July to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kettle Corn is my favorite. It is always a goal to get a bag that is the size of my torso or greater...

Good to see you still running. You run way more than I do. I went for a jog the other day and my Dad just laughed at me (because I tend to get sick every time I run)


Tori

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter