THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.25.2008

Get a snack and a drink, this is a long one.

Where to begin...

Okay. Thursday was slumber party night. I left work and visited a friend in Arlington and her new baby girl--such a delicate little princess she is! I stayed a little over an hour and then headed to DC and Chez Adam.

What a night. Adam and Ricardo are such wonderful men. We drank champagne while they prepared the shrimp and rice and veggies. Neighbor Frank and "Miss" Gregory joined us and the next in a series of bottles of wine was opened. Up to the roof to grill, back to the house to eat, and drink, and talk, and laugh. Bless their hearts, Adam and Ricardo had quietly prepared my plate so that I didn't have to struggle with a knife or skewer. I can't tell you how it made me feel to see my shrimp sans skewer and sans tail--Adam and Ricardo are so thoughtful and kind.

Dinner conversation flowed as did the next several bottles of wine. We later wandered over to neighbor Frank's home and listened to some nice music and drank MORE wine. Before we knew it, it was 1AM. Back to Adam's place and to bed. A pillow has rarely felt so good!

Got up around 615AM with a raging headache--no surprise there! I inhaled a bottle of water but it was too little too late--I was in for the long haul with this hangover. I got showered and dressed before Adam got up (7AM). I had brought my innovative hairdryer hook along and it was a huge success! I love that the thing is so portable!

A worrisome thing happened as I was getting dressed. Both feet cramped at the same time. I would get one to stop but not the other. If they did stop cramping it wasn't for long and the pain was SO intense. Finally, after what seemed like a half hour or so, they subsided somewhat. It was awful, and I think it was related to being dehydrated and having had a bit too much (okay, way too much) wine. About an hour later, at work, my forearm spasmed worse than it has before. I drank water all day long--there is a wear mark in the carpet from all my trips to the loo--but even tonight, while picking up some groceries, my idiot feet cramped again.

I am drinking my second glass of tonic water. I'll show those dumb cramps who's boss.

A couple very happy events today:

Allison and the boys came for a Bananaman lunch. His mother said Beck was a tad crabby but he was perfectly delightful and even gave my shoulder a kiss! Ben has grown and is so animated and adorable! These lunches are such a treat. Allison, you mean the world to me.

Best of all, my C Claire came home today. Oh my gosh, two weeks gone and she looks SO different, so grown up. She had a fabulous time at camp, had a few ups and downs (but managed them well), made some new friends and caught up with some old friends. One of the new friends is a young man named Jordan. They even HUGGED goodbye.

Wow, it's 10PM. Meds and BED. Running LONG tomorrow morning.

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter