THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.23.2008

Making lemonade

I find myself with a free night tonight--and I have been thinking how best to use my time. Part of me says "stay and work;" part of me says "go home and do NOTHING;" part of me says "treat yourself!" I'll give you three guesses which part of me won!

One of the advantages of having arm onset ALS is that my nails are growing better than they have since I was pregnant with my kids. Since I can't do much with the right and I am awkward and clumsily careful with the left, AND since I can't clip them myself anymore, the nails are long. I don't normally look this feminine--my longer-than-usual nails make me feel almost pretty, despite the witheriness of the ol' claw.

Where is this all going, you ask? It's going right to the newly opened Paris Nails near home. I will forgo the pedi since my last wasn't all that long ago, but tonight it's manicure night. I'm thinking a nice conservative RED polish.

If I can get a picture made, I will post. Since it's a one-handed operation at best I don't have much hope of success, but we shall see.

Off I go. Hugs and kisses, my darlings!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter