THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.26.2008

Sweet!

The new door is in! It's so nice--the glass ovals bring in so much light and that makes the foyer look like a different room. Mark and Tom slaved away in the nasty July heat but they are SO efficient and capable and WONDERFUL that it was done in short order. They, and their wives Tam and Cathy, are very dear, kind friends. I am incredibly lucky to have such fine people in my life.

This new door improves the curb appeal of the house. One more item checked off the list.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for: news of the 2.5 hour run! It was so great! I did walk a couple hills--including Bubba--but the rest of the time it was steady and solid. Best of all, with only one exception, there was no cramping of the feet. The last time I ran this distance (approx 15 miles) my legs were so sore afterward I could hardly stand it. I think the restorative hydration and the tonic water helped, but also this: the last time I ran this distance I was still trying to run like I used to. I was unable or unwilling to cut myself a break and take the pace down and thumb my nose at the hills. Today was different. The last several long runs have been different. Ha ha, I finally decided it wasn't important to try to keep up with Lynne, and she's not staying back with me. As I mentioned in a previous post or two, she stays about 30 seconds or so in front of me, then comes back in time for the walk. It works wonderfully.

A very good day. Now I must go look out the glass ovals and smile.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter