THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.14.2008

A fine way to start the week

As I did for two weeks last year and am doing again this year, I cram into my life all the things I don't have the opportunity to do as much during the remaining 50 weeks. C Claire is at camp and, while I miss her so very much, I pretend during this time she is at college and less dependent on me, which gives me the freedom to catch up with my friends and do my "alone" things I love so much.

I had dinner tonight with two of my favorite people: Jeff and Patty. Jeff is my dentist and Patty is his lovely wife and able office administrator. I found them quite by accident the year I went to work for GT--I'd lost a filling and their office was around the corner. How serendipitous was our meeting; we've become great friends. Tonight they came into Arlington to have dinner with me. Three hours passed like five minutes...it was so nice. Great way to end the day.

As I mentioned earlier, the day began with a refreshing rainy run. As we were doing our after-run stretch, Kendall and I tugged on the tree branches and brought down little sprinkles of "tree pee" which were cold and refreshing. Great way to start the day.

Between the run and dinner there was work. You've heard me say before how much I love my job. I do. It just fits so well.

Off to bed. Sweet dreams to my loved ones.

1 comment:

KendallV said...

Ah, the tree pee day. This is such a great memory for me! Glad I'm finally catching up on your blog posts. I forgot how uplifting...yes, uplifting...they can be.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter